Monday, December 23, 2013

Love

Life is so much better when you're in love... But wait, let me make myself clear before women start feeling like you need a man or men start feeling like its imperative to have a woman. Being in love is not solely limited to giving your love to another human!! First and foremost you must bestow your love on God and the next part may blow your mind... Secondly you MUST FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF!!! When I say life is much better when you're in love I don't mean go find the nearest person and give them all you've got, but I mean look in the mirror and give HIM/HER all you've got until God reveals to you the woman/man you are suppose to become one with. And even still you will love that person not more than, and not less than, BUT THE SAME AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF!!! And I ask.... How can you give that love if you haven't established it with God and yourself! So, I repeat.... Life is so much better when you're in love!! Love you today! Be great today!!!

<3 always,

A Black Woman of Strength

1 comment:

  1. Fragile

    Like a glass figurine I’m fragile Therefore you must handle me with delicacy You ask me to put my faith in you But you are asking of me Something I never do My heart has been broken into tiny shards Because of this game called love And unfortunately I’ve been dealt a bad hand of cards You want me to trust But a web of emotions has tangled me And I don’t believe I have the gumption to fuss To fight for what I want the next relationship to be I don’t even know how a relationship operates anymore And you still want this broken form of me? What is it that intrigues you? Am I some type of project for you to try to fix for the month? And you have no resolve to stay around longer than what pleases you? Like a glass figurine I’m fragile Therefore you must handle me with delicacy Caress my heart with such intense intimacy Love my smile, eyes, and my inner spirit Disable my ability to run from love Disarm my alarm to fear it But to see such a transformation You have to be more than the next hit sensation That fizzles out when the going gets tough And my outburst to uncouple us gets rough Keep the faith that you asked of me And aim at my heart with such precise accuracy But you cannot fix what wants to be broken Just like you cannot take back what has already been spoken Have the strength to walk away If you know you can no longer stay And let me go No matter what I say No matter what you know Because to be broken is to resign And you have to realize if I want to be broken Then I am a waste of your time

    ReplyDelete