Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Testimony Tuesday

Good Morning ladies! Today is testimony Tuesday on the blog!!! I will share with you a testimony. Feel free to post opinions, stories, or ask questions. It's all welcomed here! I only ask that you keep it judgement free. Here is my testimony:


When I was 19 I made the decision that I had to move out of my father's house. I wasn't going to be able to prosper and keep healthy relationships with my family if I did not. I prayed and prayed on what to do, because at this point I was paying for school on my own ( with the help of some grants and a scholarship ) and taking care of everything else on my own. I thought to myself, "This won't be financially possible for me with these kinda of bills". So the week school started I got on my knees and ask God, "If this is what You are telling me to do, give me the strength just to do it. Without thought or question". The next morning I called the apartment I was looking at previously and confirmed that I wanted to move in. Mind you, I only had 99 dollars that I could spend that wasn't for school and conveniently, that's how much the deposit was.  After I moved in with the help of my FABULOUS friends, I went to sleep that night in MY new apartment. The next morning I checked my bank account and there was way more money than the amount I expected to see. Not to mention, around the end of November when money started to seem like it was running out, I got a new part-time job that made twice as much as my last job; working the same hours. My testimony is about TRUSTING GOD! I'm sure you all know the saying "If God can lead you to it, he will get you through it!" So those times where you are trying to listen to God but something else is telling you that you can't, or you won't, or you'll never, don't listen!! Sometimes you just have to have faith! ❤️

           

10 comments:

  1. Hey ladies... Thought I'd share the fact that I have come a long way... I chose to be anonymous,however I am not ashamed of the things I've endured... At the age of 18 I went to college, never experiencing freedom until then. Born and raised in church and I was so sheltered, and it wasn't until I left home until I faced a situation that I will remember for the rest of my days.
    I met a man twice my age who had showered me with gifts, money, all the things I never had before. He took my innocence in my dorm room, beating me half to death. I remember blacking out, waking up in a hospital... My teeth were broken,face bruised badly,eyes swollen shut. All i remember is being in my room praying that my roommates would show up,or someone would hear me... Nobody heard my cry, BUT my Lord heard my cry. I told the lord if he brought me out alright I would serve him forever and I do.
    Just a word of encouragement to the girls and women who are facing abusive circumstances that God is able to bring you out and you will be stronger than you were before your situation. Everything that occurs in our lives is a test, and its not for us. It is for the people who will hear our testimonies..
    God bless you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I read your story I hope that women can take from it what I took from it just now! God is!!! I've had moments in my life where I should have been dead and could have been dead.... But God!!!!! He had other plans!!! I love it! I'm so HAPPY to hear the growth in your story!!! May God continue to bless, hold, and protect you through this thing called life!

      ❤️ God bless

      Delete
  2. As I read your story I felt really ashamed but I'm glad God brought you thru it as a GOOD man trying to find a good woman I recently dated someone who had a horrible past with a guy and had nothing left to give me I struggled so much trying to figure out why she couldn't see I wasn't him after your story and some hill harper I've come to the conclusion that it takes a strong women to over look her scars you never know how bad their past really is but as women I want to ask you ladies how does a man handle dating a woman with a broken heart or scars how does he get her to see he's different? -Chez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chez:

      At this point in life young adults-adults from early 20s on have baggage. We are all damaged goods. We've all been messed over, had our feelings hurt, and most of us have hurt feelings too. I speak for men and women In this regard. However, the only time a relationship will work is when God is present no matter the young woman's background. If she isn't where she needs to be she can't come together with you. Women have to use what they have been through to help them grow and if they are still stuck on their past they haven't grown completely yet. Don't get me wrong some women may need that extra push, meaning a good man that has came along and loves her the correct way is sometimes all a woman needs to fully grow from past situations. But you shouldn't have to take all the blame for what the last man did. And if you do, she's just not ready.

      Delete
  3. That's very true guess there's no need to get discouraged just have to let people who aren't ready take the time to know their selves & know God better this is AMAZING and I support this 100 % women and men need to see these blogs -Chez

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of all of you, as an older strong black woman, who has been through a lot in her life and has made it through, by the Grace and Mercy of God, I am encouraged. To me, that by dialogue, generational cruses can be broken. Loving what you are doing young people. Keep the testimonies going. " Each one teach one." in the sprit realm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you. Sometimes it's just a story of how one person did it that can encourage another to find the strength to call on God to get through their own situation. "Learning from your mistakes is being smart, but learning from others mistakes is being wise"

      ❤️ God bless

      Delete
  5. Powerful testimony! As a man I've done plenty women wrong in my past. I used women for my selfish pleasures but once I gave my life to Christ, my mind was renewed. I no longer look at women as objects but as my sisters in The Lord. I now been happily married to the same woman for 12 years and counting. To Vora who wrote the blog, continue to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I love it! It's an awesome thing to look back on life and actually see your growth Thank you so very much for the encouragement!

      God bless!

      Delete